Sometimes, the support team will ask you to send over some screenshots of the content within the console and network tabs.
When we ask for these screenshots, it is usually because we need to escalate your issue to our engineers for further investigation. The information in the console and network tabs helps our engineers to diagnose the problem.
If you need help with taking a screenshot, head over to our guide on how to do this.
How to Access the Console and Network tabs
1. Whilst on the page where the issue is occurring, right-click and then select 'Inspect' from the menu.
2. This will bring up a window to the right. At the top of the window, click on the 'Console' tab.
3. You should then see some content appear within the window. Take some screenshots of the content you can see. If there's lots of content, don't worry. The most important content will be highlighted in red -- these are errors. If you can't take screenshots of all the content, try to at least get some screenshots of the errors.
4. Repeat the same steps for the 'Network' tab. If you can't see the network tab at the top of the window, click on the arrow to bring up the extra options, and select 'Network' from the menu.
5. Locate the screenshots you've taken, and send them over to the support team via email or live chat. If your issue is being escalated to our engineers, we'll get back to you as soon as our engineers have provided us with an update.
The screenshots in this guide are taken from Google Chrome. The console and network tabs look very similar in most browsers, and you'll follow a similar path to get to them in each one.
Microsoft Edge & Firefox
In Microsoft Edge and Firefox, the steps are the same. The only difference is that in Firefox, the window opens at the bottom of the screen, rather than the right.
To access the console and network tabs in Safari, click 'Safari' in the top-left of the screen, then head to 'Settings' > 'Advanced' then click to select 'Show Develop menu in menu bar'.
Then, click 'Develop' at the top of the screen and select 'Show Web Inspector'. A window will open from the bottom of the screen and you'll find the console and network tabs at the top of that window.
To close the web inspector, click 'Develop' > 'Close Web Inspector'.