This feature is only available to our Enterprise plans, please reach out to our Support team to find out more information if you are interested in upgrading your subscription.
- What is the Provisioning Tool?
- How to find the Provisioning Tool
- How to use the Provisioning Tool
- Troubleshooting Issues
- For more help
What is the Provisioning Tool?
This feature allows you to upload lots of information to your 10to8 account via Excel (.XLSX) spreadsheets quickly and efficiently. This means that you can get your online schedule set up and maintained with as little hassle as possible. For each area of data that you can upload, there is a template spreadsheet ready for you to download, fill with your data, then re-upload. As simple as that!
How to find the Provisioning Tool
A link to your provisioning tool is provided by your Account Manager so please contact them in order to gain access to this.
How to use the Provisioning Tool
For each section of data that you can upload, you must first download the Excel spreadsheet template. It is important that you enter your data in the exact same order and format so that 10to8 can recognise and interpret your information, ready to be displayed in your account. This includes not editing the headers of the columns that are prefilled when you open the template spreadsheet and being aware that the content is all case-sensitive. There will be a single line of example data that you can remove, however.
In addition to this, you must perform some of the uploads in a certain order, for example you cannot upload staff availability before you have uploaded the staff. Any prerequisite steps for an upload will be listed in each section below.
When uploading the new spreadsheet you will see a red clock icon under the Status column while it is pending, until the upload is complete when it will turn into a green tick. You will need to refresh the page for this to show.
If you would like to remove the uploaded data from your account for any reason please click on the trash can icon next to the file. To re-download the spreadsheet containing your information please click on the last icon.
All information can be changed from within your 10to8 account once it has been uploaded.
This function allows you to upload the services that will be available for booking appointments in your account.
- Name - The name of the service.
- Bookable - Can your service be visible and bookable to your customers on your online booking page? If TRUE - the setting will be Can be booked by any client and if FALSE the setting will be Hidden on booking page.
- Description - The description of your service that will appear on your online booking page.
- Duration - The length of your service in minutes.
- StaffSelectable - When your customer books this service, can they select the staff member? If TRUE the settings are Force customer to choose and if FALSE the setting will be Allocate staff automatically.
This allows you to upload the names of the teams that you require your staff members to be categorised in 10to8. If a team already exists with a particular name you will not be able to upload the file. Please fill in the team name and the colour that you would like assigned to them in 10to8.
- Name - The name of the team.
- Color - A colour that is chosen from the list of existing colours.
If you go to the bottom left-hand corner of the page you can switch the tabs from Teams to Colors to see the choice, please enter the colour exactly as it appears in this list.
- Name - The staff member's first and last name.
- Bookable - Whether the staff member has Can take bookings enabled. I this is TRUE bookings are enabled, if FALSE then the staff does not have a calendar.
- Email - the email address of the staff member that they will use to log in to their account and/or receive booking notifications.
- For rows D through to K, you can click here to view a guide which explains the different permissions that you can grant the staff members on your account. TRUE enables the permission, FALSE leaves the box unticked.
- Invite - This determines whether an invitation email is sent to the staff member at the time of the upload asking them to join the organisation and set up a password. TRUE invites the staff, and FALSE does not.
- Teams - Here you can list any team names that you would like to assign the staff member to. You can assign them to multiple teams by typing the team names exactly as they appear in 10to8 separated by a comma. The upload will only succeed if you use team names that already exist in 10to8.
Prerequisites: Staff and Services
By using this upload, you can assign your staff to certain services.
- Staff - The staff member's name, exactly as it appears in the Full Name field in 10to8, for example "Corinne Worboys - Rm 1"
- Services - The service name, exactly as it appears in 10to8 with multiple services separated by commas.
You can use this tool to upload as many or as few of the working hours of your staff in one go as you like. By filling in their hours under the days of the week headings (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc) the hours that you enter will apply to every week in the future. If you add a specific date as a header (this can be done in any column) then the spreadsheet will add the availability to that specific date in the calendar only. This does not work if you select a date in the past and the cell must be set to a date format so that 10to8 can understand the information.
- Staff - Name of the staff member.
- Days of the week - to fill in working hours.
- The rest of the columns are blank so that you can fill in specific dates.
At 10to8 we provide a variety of ways to set up your availability which include service and location specific settings. These can be imported via the provisioning tool as long as the data is filled in correctly.
For each individual time slot in the column:
- Start by entering the working hours as HH:MM-HH:MM with a hyphen separating the start and end time in the 24 hour clock format, for example 9am-5pm in the screenshot above.
- You can decide whether the availability will be set to public or private. If you do not enter either "public" or "private" the system will assume the availability is public.
- In order to tie the availability to a location use the @ symbol and type the location name as it appears in 10to8 without a space. Previously, if you did not enter this data then the availability would default to all locations but now you must specify a location or the upload will not be successful. You can list multiple locations by typing them as "@London @Birmingham" etc with a space in between.
- To specify the services you would like for the availability, start by entering an exclamation point (!). Then, without a space, type the service name word for word, case sensitively. You are able to add as many services as you require and to do this, repeat the next service name with a space in between (as shown above with the services "Initial Consultation" and "Test Service"). If you do not specify any services then the availability will default to all services.
To add multiple blocks of availability on one day, separate the information with a comma. It is possible to have overlapping slots, for example 9am-12pm, 10am-1pm, 11am-3pm.
Just remember, public availability means that your working hours are visible on your online booking page whereas private means that you can only be booked through the 10to8 calendar by yourself or another staff member with access.
Here, you can upload a list of all of your clients including their contact information.
- Name - The customer's first and last name.
- Email - The contact email address for the customer. If they have multiple addresses you can separate these with a comma.
- Number - This refers to the contact telephone number of the customer. Please ensure you enter the country dialing code.
Prerequisites: Staff, Services, Customers, Location (if using 'business premises' option)
This allows you to upload bookings to the 10to8 calendar but please note that availability is ignored during this upload so it may cause you to be double booked.
- Name - The name of the service.
- Start - The start date and time of the appointment, please be aware that you must enter this as DD/MM/YYYY using the 12 hour clock, and AM or PM, as in the screenshot above.
- End - The finishing date and time of the appointment in the same format as the start time. It is important to remember that 10to8 does not support bookings that last longer than a day so the date must be the same in both the start and end columns.
- Customer - The full name of the customer as it appears in the Name field of the customer database.
- Staff - The staff member whose calendar you would like to book this appointment in with.
- Location - This can be 'Online/Phone' or the name of the premises as it is saved in 10to8 under the Setup - Location tabs.
If the report fails for any reason then an error will be displayed beside the file under the Progress heading with information about why the report has failed.
Please see below if you have any difficulties interpreting these error messages.
For more help
If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team or your Account Manager who will be happy to help at email@example.com