It is possible to include some client information directly in the URL you share with your client. This guide outlines some of the ways you can use this feature to your businesses benefit.
Including Customer Details In Your URL
Using a series of specific tags you are able to include particular information into your URL. Here, we will show you how to include this information, as well as all possible options you can include.
To begin, you will need your booking page URL. You can find this under 'Configuration' > 'Online Booking' > 'Booking Page'. If you click the URL there, it will take you to your booking page.
Your URL should look like this: https://10to8.com/book/abc123/
Next, add select-staff-and-location-if-needed/? to the end of the URL.
After the ? is where you can begin to add fields and enter information on your clients' behalf. To add more than one field, add a & symbol before the next field. Here's a breakdown of the possible options.
- service=(ID) - Replace the (ID) with the ID of your service. You can find this by going to 'Set Up > Services', clicking onto the relevant service, and copying the string of numbers found at the end of its 'Direct Link To Service' option.
- name=(customer name) - Enter the name of the client for this information to be predetermined.
- email=(customer email) - You can include their email address if needed.
- number=(customer phone) - You may also wish to enter their phone number for them.
An example of how your URL will look is as follows:
In this example, the clients' name (Michael), their email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), and their phone number (01234567890) would all be entered into the booking questions for the service you specified.
You do not need to include all fields either - you can skip any you do not wish to include.
Hidden Booking Questions
If you have set up custom booking questions, and you have chosen to use the 'Hidden Question' setting, you can enter the answer to this hidden question in the URL you provide for your customer.
To get started, you will need the following information:
- Your Booking Page URL
- Your Custom Question ID (this can be found by going to 'Configuration' > 'Booking Page' > 'Booking Process'
- Your Service ID
With this information, you would compile it much as you would for the Customer Details section of this guide, with the question and answer formatted like so:
question-112927=answer (with the answer being whatever you wish to enter as the answer to the question).
With this added onto your URL, it would look like this:
Once the booking has successfully been placed by your customer, you will see the answer included in the booking itself, within the activity window:
Things To Note
Do not send the same link to multiple clients as you could accidentally share customer details of one customer with another customer.