Sign In Scheduling offers you the ability to enable SSO (single sign-on) for your account users. This allows all users to log in to Sign In Scheduling using their company credentials. Sign In Scheduling SSO is based on SAML 2.0.
SSO is a specialist add-on feature, available only to those with an Enterprise/Bespoke plan. SSO is not included within these plans as standard, so you will need to discuss its implementation with our sales team and/or your account manager.
This guide explains how to set up SSO with Sign In Scheduling.
How does Sign In Scheduling's SSO work?
When you use Sign In Scheduling's SSO, Sign In Scheduling acts as the service provider (SP) and offers automatic user provisioning. This means that your account users do not need to register as users within Sign In Scheduling in order to access it.
Once Sign In Scheduling receives a SAML response from the identity provider (IdP), it checks whether this user exists.
If the user does not exist, Sign In Scheduling can create a user based on the attributes provided and link that user to your organization with appropriate permissions.
How to set up SSO
To set up SSO, follow the steps below.
1. Configure your IdP:
- Set the unique identifier NameID as their email address.
- Make sure to provide their name and email, as these are required attributes.
- departmentNumber is an optional attribute, which maps the user to the correct Sign In Scheduling account when there are multiple accounts.
2. Once configured, please provide us with the following details:
- Sign-in page URL
- Sign-out page URL
- Issuer: <ID of EntityDescriptor>
- Metadata XML file
Sign In Scheduling service provider details
Below are the necessary Sign In Scheduling service provider details.
- Entity ID & Sign In Scheduling's SAML metadata file: https://10to8.com/saml2/metadata/
- Reply URL (ACS URL): https://10to8.com/saml2/acs/
- Sign In Scheduling login URL: https://10to8.com/login/ (there is no separate/unique login URL for SSO. Passwords are optional for SSO login)
Need more help?
We hope you've found this guide useful. If you need any further help, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team for assistance!