If you see "Customer Messaging", under "Messaging", then please go to this article instead.
You can automate messages to your customers with 10to8, which has been shown to vastly decrease no-shows.
There are 2 types of automated communications:
- Reminders: sent to your customers some time before their appointment is due to start
- Notifications: sent to your customers when something has happened to their appointment, eg. a booking, a change or cancellation
Reminders and notifications come in 2 formats:
To edit these, go to the "Message Settings" within the "Messaging" tab on the left-hand-side menu. Select a specific service and click "edit" on the top right corner.
1. Setting up Reminders
To set up your reminders, follow these steps: (Note: changes made will not affect existing bookings):
- Click "Add before" to create a new reminder
- Click up or down to adjust the number of hours/day/mins/secs the reminder should go out before the appointment
- Decide whether this reminder will be sent by email or text. (Note: you will need to have the necessary contact details for customers for these to work!) - a blue icon means you have selected that communication channel.
- Click "Save" at the top of the page.
Repeat for as many reminders as you want to set up. If you want to delete a reminder, simply click on the specific reminder and click "delete" from the right corner.
2. Setting up Notifications
Notifications are sent when an appointment is made, changed or cancelled - you can't add more; you can only turn them on or off:
- Go to Messages menu and click 'Edit'
- Toggle the "On/Off" buttons to set your preferences
- Decide whether this notification will be sent by email or text
- Click "Save" when you're done
When a staff member books an appointment, they will be able to indicate whether the customer has already confirmed.
If the customer has confirmed, a "Booking is confirmed" message will be sent. Otherwise, a "Booking is proposed" message will be sent. The same applies when a staff member changes an appointment.
3. Turning on/off individual notifications
In addition to universal settings above, you can turn notifications on or off when you are creating a new appointment from the calendar:
Untick "Send Email" or "Send SMS" if you do not want your customer to receive an email/text about this booking:
You can always send a personal message
If you do not send a notification at this point, you can still send personal messages one later date. To do that, just select the appointment from the calendar and click "Send message"
4. Customer responses
Depending on how you've set up your customer communications, your customers may be able to respond (confirm/cancel/change) to booking requests through text and email.
You can check if a customer has read or responded to any of your appointments by opening the appointment in the calendar. Find out more about tracking message receipts here