Setting up your services is one of the first steps you have to take in order to start using your 10to8 account.
To get started, go to the "Setup" > "Services" menu
There is no limit on the number of services that you can add.
As a start, add the name of the service and continue customizing the fields:
- Type: Services can either be 1-to-1 or classes (group events). If a service is a 1-to-1, your clients can book it at any available time defined in your settings. However, for group bookings, you need to book the times in the calendar yourself, and only then customers will be able to register for the class. More info on Group bookings here.
- Duration: Set the typical duration of this appointment type. When customers select the service, they'll be able to book appointments with the default length. When you make the booking yourself, you can override the duration.
- Buffer/travel time: Let 10to8 automatically block time around appointments when they're booked (either by yourself or clients).
- Location: Set whether this service takes places (1) online, (2) at clients' addresses, or (3) at predefined business premises. If you need a combination of the above, you'd need to contact support, they'll do it for you.
- Color: The color the service will have on your calendar.
- Online Booking: Choose whether clients should be able to see this service type on your public 10to8 booking page. If it's visible, you can also determine whether they should be able to book it themselves or not.
- Public description: This description will be shown to your customers when they click on the service and before they start the booking process.
- Payment section: Add the necessary information if you're going to allow customers to pay online in advance.
- Booking restrictions: Here you can define whether specific services can only take places at certain locations or can only be taken by certain staff.